If you would like to Volunteer at Nightingale House or Hammerson House, Wohl Campus, we would love to hear from you.
There are many different ways your support can help:
- Mealtimes matter Volunteers: assisting Residents with eating and drinking during mealtimes
- Volunteer befrienders: regular visiting for individual Residents
- Engagement Volunteers: to interact with Residents on Households or to support the delivery of many different activities, such as arts and crafts, cooking, needlework and gardening
- Shop Volunteers: to help run and serve in the shop
- Exercise classes and physio Volunteers: to support and engage in exercise classes
- Outings and event Volunteers: supporting Residents when out and about on day trips (a weekly commitment is really helpful with our outings and helps with planning)
- Health Care Provision: Learning opportunities, skill development, exposure to a dynamic and diverse team, contribute to well-being of Residents and personal growth.
Volunteering is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and there is an application process to follow. Volunteers will need to complete an application form, undertake an interview and we would need to check references and obtain a DBS (criminal records) check. All Volunteers will be fully trained and welcomed into our community.