Volunteer with us
We depend on our enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers who donate their time and passion to enhance the lives of our residents at Nightingale House. It’s a highly rewarding experience for both volunteer and resident.
Currently, we are unable to recruit new volunteers or allow visitors to Nightingale House.
However, when we do re-open to volunteers, we will be looking for volunteers to support in a variety of ways, including:
- Mealtimes Matters supports residents eating and drinking at mealtimes
- Volunteer Befrienders regularly visit individual residents
- Engagement Volunteers interact with a variety of residents on a Household
- Activity Hub Volunteers support the delivery of many different activities in the Activity Hub
- Shop Volunteers to support the running of our small shop
- Exercise Class and Physio Volunteers support residents to engage in exercise classes
- Intergenerational Activity Volunteers support activities with residents and children from the nursery
- Outings and Event Volunteers support residents when out and about on day trips
Ideally, we need volunteers who can offer a weekly commitment (with the exception of the Outings and Events Volunteer role, which can be more occasional).
As we are regulated by the Care Quality Commission, we have an application process for all our volunteering roles, which involves:
- Application form
- DBS (criminal records) checks
If you would like to apply for future opportunities, please complete the application form and we will contact you once the home re-opens to volunteers and we are in a position to be able to progress with your application.