Volunteer with us
We depend on our enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers who donate their time and passion to enhance the lives of our residents at Nightingale House. It’s a highly rewarding experience for both volunteer and resident.
Given the current situation with the coronavirus, volunteers are not currently able to visit the home and we are not currently recruiting new volunteers.
However, when we do re-open to volunteers, we will be looking for volunteers to support in a variety of ways, including:
- Mealtimes Matters Volunteers – to support residents with eating and drinking at
- Volunteer Befrienders – to regularly visit individual residents who have requested a befriender
- Engagement volunteers – to interact with a variety of residents on a household
- Activity Hub Volunteers – to support the delivery of activities in the Activity Hub
- Shop Volunteers (to serve in our small shop)
- Exercise Class and Physio Volunteer – to support residents to engage in exercise classes
- Intergenerational Activity volunteers – to support activities involving residents and children from the nursery
- Outings and Event Volunteers to support residents to attend and take part in outings.
We will ideally be looking for volunteers who can offer a weekly commitment (with the exception of the Outings and Events Volunteer role, which can be more occasional).
As we are regulated by the Care Quality Commission, we have an application process for all our volunteering roles, which involves:
- Application form
- DBS (criminal records) checks
If you would like to apply for future opportunities, please complete the application form and we will contact you once the home re-opens to volunteers and we are in a position to be able to progress with your application.