Volunteer with us
We depend on our enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers who donate their time and passion to enhance the lives of our residents at Nightingale House. It’s a highly rewarding experience for both volunteer and resident.
- Mealtimes Matters support residents with eating and drinking at mealtimes
- Volunteer Befrienders with regular visits to individual residents
- Engagement Volunteers to interact with residents on our households
- Engagement Hub Volunteers support the delivery of many different activities in the Engagement Hub
- Shop Volunteers support the running of our small shop
- Exercise Class and Physio Volunteers support residents to engage in exercise classes
- Intergenerational Activity Volunteers support activities with residents and children from our nursery
- Outings and Event Volunteers support residents when out and about on day trips.
Ideally, we need volunteers who can offer a weekly commitment (with the exception of the Outings and Events Volunteer role, which can be more occasional).
As we are regulated by the Care Quality Commission, we have an application process for all our volunteering roles, which involves:
- Application form
- DBS (criminal records) checks
New volunteers may have the opportunity to have a vaccine arranged depending on frequency of volunteering. All volunteers are required to complete a volunteering risk assessment, infection control training and wear appropriate PPE whilst inside Nightingale House. Staff and volunteers are required to complete at least two weekly Covid tests, provided by Nightingale Hammerson.
Following a redevelopment, Hammerson House will reopen in May this year. Our newly built home is located in The Bishops Avenue in Hampstead and we will be recruiting new volunteers during February and March.
Please complete the application form if you would like to apply for volunteering in either Nightingale House or Hammerson House.
For further enquiries, please contact the Volunteer Team on: