Gender Pay Gap Report 2017
Nightingale Hammerson is a charity providing a home from home experience for Jewish residents. We offer residential, nursing, dementia, respite and end of life care. Our care is currently rated in the top 3% in England as graded by our regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
At the heart of our approach is a warm, respectful relationship between our staff and every single resident. It’s what we mean by Person Centred Care – taking into account the individual wishes, characters and histories of everyone we look after. This along with our values underpins our care for residents and staff.
We currently employ 368 staff and this will increase in 2020 when we reopen our care home in North London which will have state of the art facilities.
This gender pay gap report is based on data collected and analysed as at 5th April 2017.
Our report concludes that there is no overall gender pay gap at Nightingale Hammerson
Median and Mean Pay Gap
- There is an overall mean of 6.19% and a median of 4.42% pay per hour in favour of women. This is significantly lower the UK average of 18.1% in favour of men.
- Nightingale Hammerson does not offer a bonus pay scheme.
The proportion of males/females in each quartile pay band is as follows
Break down of quartile pay band is as follows
- Females are equally distributed in all four pay quartiles with slightly less in the lowest pay quartile
- The senior management team is 50% female and 50% male and is also well represented in terms of diversity
- The organisation employs significantly more females than males – the higher portion of female staff reflect the care industry in that the adult social care workforce is made up of 82%women and 18% male (skills for Care Sept 2017).
- There are no pay differences between pay rates for genders doing the same roles
Although there is no pay gap at Nightingale Hammerson, we are committed to attracting, selecting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce with skills to deliver quality care for our people, while ensuring our staff are paid a fair wage and benefits.
Director of Human Resources/Volunteering